Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Thought of the Day

I am friends with a gal on FB who posted about some famous Christian lady that she basically thinks is a "wolf in sheeps clothing."  I guess other people feel the same way.  Well apparently other people are bashing this gal for saying how she feels.  I don't know this lady, but I just wanted to share some short thoughts on being a Christian.  I also commented this same thing on her post.  Not sure how she feels about my thoughts, as I am a Latter-day Saint (LDS a.k.a Mormon).

  • We all interpret scripture differently but we are all followers of Jesus Christ. My definition of a Christian is being a disciple of Jesus Christ. If we claim to be His disciple we should have Christlike love towards everyone even despite differences we all have the same end goal in mind. In my church we have a song that the children learn when they are young. The song is my favorite song and I try to keep it in my heart.

    The first verse goes,

    "I'm trying to be like Jesus;
    I'm following in his ways.
    I'm trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say...

    Chorus
    "Love one another as Jesus loves you.
    Try to show kindness in all that you do.
    Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
    For these are the things Jesus taught."

Anyway, just my thoughts.  

No comments: