Monday, November 24, 2008

Granny's Thanksgiving Stuffing

Well it's Thanksgiving time! This is my favorite time of the year. September through January. And it is already almost over. For Thanksgiving this year we will be spending it with my family.

My mom who is the best cook I know makes THE BEST stuffing ever! I know that Aunt Valerie makes this recipe and I am guessing that my other Aunts (Aunt Nan & Aunt Marcie) make it as well. She got the recipe from my granny who was another really good cook (I think my mom probably learned a lot from granny because she has a lot of good recipes from my granny). Well my mom decided that this year one of us girls needs to make the stuffing. I guess it is time for the next generation to learn how to make it. Michelle who cooks just as good as my mom decides because I am at home I get to make it. Ugh! I am a little nervous about the whole thing. I bought bread last week and already started drying it. I am heading out to the grocery store today to buy the rest of the ingredients! I hope it turns out ok! Wish me luck! Pray for me... Sprinkle good luck dust on me....

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Good Luck Mela! Karen and Cynthia both make it. I have not yet made it because my Mom does!! It is the best :)

Michelle Ashton said...

Can't wait to have it! You will do a great job. And I am in no way as good of a cook as Mom.

I am making the rolls. Hope they turn out well. And I am trying a new recipe. I have made loaves from it twice, but never rolls. Hope they turn out ok. See you in a few days! :)

A Farmer's Wife said...

I have no doubt that you will do an awesome job...are you going to share the recipe with us?

Kristil (Alexander) Busch said...

I am anxious to hear how the stuffing turned out!

Michelle Ashton said...

It was YUMMY!