Sunday, November 23, 2008

Out of the mouth of Drew...

So last week Andrew got a Ding Dong for reading his scriptures for the month of October. As he was eating it we started talking and I told him I didn't like chocolate and I thought Ding Dongs were "Yucky." He then asks, "How do you know mom?" "Have you tried it." Nope! "Well you don't know unless you try it."

Friday we had our date night and we dropped the kids off at our friends the Little's. When we got home I was talking to the kids about what they did. Did they have fun? What did you eat? Well Drew starts telling me. Then he tells me had something with cheese in it. I asked him what it was. He told me to guess. Hot dogs? Nope. Corn Dogs? Nope. Mac and Cheese? Nope. Cheese Crisp? Nope. Finally I tell him, "I give up, you tell me what you had." He then tells me, "Your s'posed to never give up mom, never give up."

What a wise boy I have.

And for all my Globite Friends...

As we were getting ready to leave for church today I am hollering at him to come downstairs. He tells me, "Hold your chonies!"

6 comments:

Kyle Is Neat said...

My boy is the best boy ever!!!

Nicole said...

Um..You will have to translate for us Mesa girls...No idea what a chonie is or if I have one.

Mela said...

Hold your panties, or hold on. Chonies is panties in Spanish.

Taylor Family said...

That is so funny! He is such a cute boy! Trent doesn't like ding dongs either so he always gives them to me when he gets them at church. One time I was eating one and was offering some of it to Ray and I said "you want some of this ding dong" and everyone thought I was calling Ray a ding dong. Now it's a big family joke. :) guess you had to be there....

Smamy said...

I laughed so hard at the chonies!!! My kids actually hadn't heard that one till just recently...

Felton Family said...

Too Cute. I miss you kids. Kaia keeps asking when she gets to play with her friends in Buckeye. It makes me sad to have to explain we are far away. Hope all is well. I love the Chonies quote. Too cute.