Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Homemade Hamburger Buns (Bread Machine)



I am making homemade hamburger buns today. It was sooooo easy (I like easy). We will see how they taste at dinner tonight. Cooking is not my favorite thing to do but when you are trying to pinch penny's you find yourself cooking from scratch more. I guess it is teaching me to be more self-sufficient which is a good thing and, I think, kind of cool.

Anyway, I got the recipe (and picture) from this website, food.com. The recipe had 5 stars, I don't like to get a recipe unless it has 4 1/2 to 5 stars. The big test is to see how my family likes it.

Note: They loved the homemade buns. After I cooked them, I sliced them in half and put them under the broiler to crisp them up a bit. We are trying to eat healthier so I didn't butter them (on a weekend though I might butter them first and add a bit of honey and then put it under the broiler). YUM!

No comments: