Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Water Pipe Break




Ok, so this morning I wake up at 6:30 to the doorbell ringing. Jaedyn was waking up in the next room so I thought maybe I was just waking up and dreaming the ring at the same time (does that make sense?). Anyway, I look out the window and I don't see a car so I go get Jaedyn out of bed and I hear it again. I thought who on earth would be ringing the doorbell at this time of the morning. I run downstairs and no one is there, so I go outside and see water going down the road and I think, "Oh no...." As I walk around the corner over by the garage the neighbor lady (how bad is that that I don't know her name) gets out of her car and points over to the side of the house. Water is just gushing out of my backyard. I open up the gate and I have a water fountain just gushing and I mean gushing.... OH MY GOSH a pipe has broke!!!! I run in and call Kyle, his cell phone goes straight to voice mail. CRAP! I immediately call my friend Melissa who I know is awake at that time of the morning and ask if DJ is home yet (he has been working graveyards for PV). Yes! When I explain, he is quickly on his way over, I am practically in tears! He shuts it off and I now I had no water in the house. I finally get a hold of Kyle via email, and of course he immediately calls me and tells me he is on his way home. We quickly learn that it is a pipe to the sprinkler system and not a pipe to the house, so water is restored to the house (yea! I can shower and brush my teeth).

Anyway, Here are pictures of Kyle, his dad and Drew working to fix the pipe today. And a picture of Jaedyn and me playing with the camera. All is well, the pipes have been fixed. Thanks Grandpa Don!

4 comments:

Margo said...

Yikes! I am sure something like this will happen when we do our backyard. I will be calling you to know what to do!!!

Taylor Family said...

Mela, I'm glad I cancelled the babysitting that day. It would have made more stress for you I'm sure. THANK YOU so much for all your help lately! I really appreciate it!

Kyle Is Neat said...

the pipe break was a lot of fun. I'm glad it was only a sprinkler pipe... I wonder what our water bill will be like...

Love your blog!!!

April said...

Oh.....not fun at all!! I'm glad you were able to get if fixed.